Philip M Heimlich
Philip M. Heimlich, Of Counsel to Michael K. Allen & Associates, is a 1975 graduate of Stanford University. In 1979, he achieved his Juris Doctorate at the University of Virginia School of Law.
He began his career serving as an Assistant Hamilton County Prosecutor from 1984-1993. As a prosecutor, he specialized in the criminal prosecution of felony cases, including murder, rape, robbery, assault and white-collar offenses. From 1993-2001, Phil served the City of Cincinnati as a City Councilman. He served as County Commissioner of Hamilton County from 2003- 2006.
You may recognize his name from his political commentaries, Phil Heimlich Hard Truths, which has aired on local radio.
Areas of Practice
- Ohio, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1979
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. - 1979
- Stanford University, Stanford, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1975
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Torch Award for Community Service from Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
- Community Defender Award from Citizens for Community Values
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Hamilton County Prosecutors Office, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, 1984 - 1993
- Government Relations
- Phi Kappa Psi