Guiding You Through The Legal Process

Criminal Appeals And Post-Conviction Relief

If your trial did not go well and you have been convicted of a crime, you need an experienced criminal appeals attorney who will work diligently to seek relief on your behalf. While appellate courts are reluctant to disturb a jury’s verdict, there are grounds upon which you may be entitled to receive post-conviction relief.

At Michael K. Allen & Associates, we offer a team of former prosecutors with more than 100 years of combined experience in criminal law. Using our knowledge of the law, the courts and appellate procedure, we will work diligently to raise a strong appeal on your behalf. Our attorneys have considerable experience in state and federal appeals, including federal habeas corpus petitions.

Steps We Take To Improve Your Situation

If retained to handle your appeal, we will closely examine what happened at your trial. We will carefully analyze what happened and then ascertain the best path to take to obtain your goals. We will examine what impacted the outcome of your first trial. As experienced attorneys in many areas of criminal defense we know that anything can influence the outcome of a trial.

Some questions we ask are:

  • Did you receive effective counsel?
  • Was there an erroneous evidentiary ruling?
  • Was the evidence used against you obtained legally?

Whenever possible we will seek to overturn your conviction. There are other avenues of relief such as having your case remanded for a new trial, pursuing a lesser sentence or taking steps to getting your rights restored.

We understand that your liberty and future are at stake. We take our responsibility as attorneys very seriously and do everything in our power to pursue the relief our clients need.

Get The Post-Conviction Help You Need

We will aggressively work to protect your best interests. To schedule a consultation with a criminal appeals lawyer at our firm, contact our law office in Cincinnati, Ohio. For immediate assistance contact us at 513-718-2125. You may also contact us by using our website contact form.