Guiding You Through The Legal Process

Know Your Rights In Ohio Forfeitures

When a person is facing criminal charges or has been arrested for a drug crime, the law allows for the seizure of certain property that was used to commit the crime or that was purchased with proceeds from the sale of the drugs.

The seizure of the property is referred to as forfeiture. Houses, land, cars, cellphones, cash, bank accounts and other types of property have all been seized as part of drug investigations.

However, when law enforcement officials take property that has nothing to do with the alleged crime, they have violated the law. Law enforcement will often cast a wide net and assume that anything of value must have been purchased for some criminal intent or acquired through ill-gotten gains. If you have been forced to forfeit property by the authorities, be sure that you have strong representation from an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Get Strong Representation On Your Side

At the Cincinnati, Ohio-based law firm of Michael K. Allen & Associates, we fight aggressively to protect your rights. We have helped countless clients recover property of all kinds that was wrongly seized in an investigation or search for drugs.

Our attorneys have over 80 years of combined experience in the practice of criminal law. Many of us worked for the Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, and we have a complete understanding of these cases from all sides. Michael K. Allen served as the elected Hamilton County prosecuting attorney. We know what it takes to make a compelling argument on your behalf, and we work diligently to reach a favorable outcome in every case.

Protect What Is Rightfully Yours

Get the answers you need to know if your rights have been violated, such as whether you should pursue getting your property back and whether you should challenge the seizure. Contact our office today by calling 513-718-2125 to discuss your drug forfeiture case. You can speak to an attorney at any time, day or night, for sound advice about your legal issue. We can also be reached via our website’s email.